Small Fibre Channel Lab Experiences - Part 3

Another MDS 9216A Switch will be added to the topology in this section.

Port-Channel
I'm not even sure why I'm documenting this because from what I see it's exactly the same as the LAN configuration I've done more times than I can count.

conf t
interface fc1/14 - 16
channel-group 100

interface port-channel 100 
switchport trunk mode active
switchport trunk allowed vsan 1,100

MDS1# sh int port-channel 100
port-channel 100 is trunking
    Hardware is Fibre Channel
    Port WWN is 24:64:00:0d:ec:1f:bc:00
    Admin port mode is auto, trunk mode is on
    snmp link state traps are enabled
    Port mode is TE
    Port vsan is 1
    Speed is 6 Gbps
    Trunk vsans (admin allowed and active) (1,10)
    Trunk vsans (up)                       (1,10)
    Trunk vsans (isolated)                 ()
    Trunk vsans (initializing)             ()
 


CFS
I've seen CFS used on the Nexus platform but I haven't used it for Fibre Channel so this is a learning experience for me.  I'd like it's ability to share databases and also for saving the configuration of all switches on the fabric. CFS is enabled by default but most applications are not enabled by default

Show CFS Peers

Show CFS Application

Dynamic Port VSAN Membership (DPVM) 
DPVM can leverage CFS and it's scope is physical. DPVM overrides the VSAN configured on the port. DPVm can work with persistent FCID's however if the device moves to another switch, it will have a different FCID.

conf t
dpvm enable


dpvm database
pwnn xx:xx vsan 10
dpvm activate

dpvm commit

Enable Enhanced Zoning

conf t
zone mode enhanced vsan 10

Distributing Zonesets
 
conf t
zoneset distribute ful vsan 10